Saturday, December 18, 2010

DRUNKS

DRUNKS

...are a cab drivers curse.

It was new years eve in Charleston, S.C.  It was three or four o'clock in the morning.  Drunks were on every corner desperately trying to flag a cab.

I stop for one.  When he got in he promised me the world to take him home, which I did.

When we got there, he won the game.  He was home, he was on his territory, his power base.  His attitude adjusted
which is not un-common. 

He became rude and surly and didn't want to pay.  Finally he decided to degrade me by throwing the money on the ground and making me pick it up, which I did.

I went back to the cab and started it up.  I rolled down the window and hollared, "fuck you asshole".

He charged the cab.  I pulled off a little and watched him in the rear view mirror.  I stayed just enough ahead of him so he thought he could catch me.

When he looked winded I pulled a little ahead and got out of the cab.

He ran right into the punch that knocked him out cold, flat on his ass. I got in the cab and drove away.

What happened.  In a while he wakes up, finds his way home.  In the morning he remembers nothing and wonders why his jaw is sore

No comments:

Post a Comment