Wednesday, February 15, 2012

ATM

.....here's the anatomy of how thing's work

ATM
It was a busy Saturday night in the market area of Charleston, S.C.  The call was for a restaurant.  The street was one lane only and the traffic was heavy.
The guy was in front and got in the cab.

He wanted to go to an ATM.  The closest one I knew of was something like six blocks away at a bank.  He got out but couldn't get any money out of the ATM.  He got back in and said take him back to the bar.  I said "No", and kicked him out.

Suddenly he was alone, some distance from the bar.  Bet he was suprised and pissed off at me.  Reading this people might feel I was un-reasonable.  Read on.

He already has absorbed time and owes me money.  Do I gamble more time in the hopes of getting paid.  What happens if we go back to the bar.  He gets out and goes in and tells me to wait.  I can't park there so what would I do.  Ride around the block and hope he didn't come out while I was stuck in traffic.  Not seeing me he goes back inside and forgets me.  Now I'm out more time and money.

Another scenario is he desperately needs to take a leak and waits in the line while I'm sitting outside.  When he finally gets out someone offers him a drink and he forgets about me.  I'm sitting outside out money and more and more time when I could be running someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment