Wednesday, February 22, 2012

T.V. IN THE SKY

When I drove cab at night in L.A. people would give me drugs all the time.

One night I was really zonked out to the far end of Toonerville.  I was rolling on some freeway.  It was a warm, balmy summer night.  Both windows were wide open.  The wind was blowing thru my hair. I thought, how could I ever go back to a desk job?

I was trippin'pretty heavy.  The sky was like this deep, dark velvet.  Stars were like so many diamonds twinkling at me.  It was a dazzling vision, ....but I slowly became aware of a flaw.

In the middle of the sky was a picture with a man in it.  The strange thing was it was "oblong" in shape.

I was really blown away trying to figure out how and why.  I noticed lights moving behind him.  Then he moved.  I was really searching the vast wasteland of my mind for an explanation.

Paranoia reared it's ugly head.  I reasoned it must be some sort of mini T.V.  But why was it there?  What   was going on?  Who was involved?  Was I  in trouble?

Then I realized it was the rear view mirror and the little man was a passenger I had totaly forgoten    about. I looked around hopeing to find a clue as to where I was at.  I was totally lost with a complete stranger who I had forgotten about.

I had to figure out how to weasel out of this without letting on that I was aimlessly driving around in the night without the vaugest idea of where I was going.

I noticed a landmark and figured out I was on the San Diego Freeway, heading south  Probably to Long Beach.

So very causually I turned around and asked, "Where did you say we were going?"

The answer was, Long Beach.

But......it could have gone like this...

Why, did you forget?

No, I just wanted to make sure.

Where do you think were going?

I'm not sure.

Are you stoned and forgot?

Maybe.

Long Beach

Thanx



No comments:

Post a Comment